So, you are interested in soy wax candles?
Here we decided to give you more information about our products and also about the benefits of having an environmental friendly product at your home.
So what about soy wax that is so special?
Well, we are going to tell you. And it all starts with the difference between soy wax and paraffin wax, which is the most used out there.
Soy wax candles are natural since they’re made from vegetable oil (soybeans). On the other hand, paraffin candles are made from petroleum oil. As a result, soy wax candles do not increase the CO2 level in the atmosphere like paraffin candles do.
Paraffin wax is commonly used in candles, but soy candles are another option on the market. While soy candles look and smell similar to their paraffin counterparts, they offer distinct advantages:
- It is 100% vegetable, made from pure soybean oil
- It burns longer and more cleanly than paraffin wax without soot build up
- It is natural, biodegradable and free from pesticides and herbicides
- It is produced without genetically modified material
- It is easy to clean up with soap and hot water, eliminating the need for solvents
- It is not subject to animal testing
- It is a renewable, sustainable resource
A candle made from soy wax burns cleaner with little soot released as the candle burns. Paraffin candles often create a significant amount of black soot that collects on the jar, as well as on your walls and other surfaces of the home. The soy candle may accumulate some black soot on the jar, but the amount is much less than paraffin candles. Soy candles are also non-toxic, so they won’t release toxins into the air as they burn.
Soy candles typically last longer than a paraffin candle of the same size, The reason behind the longevity of soy candles is the slower burning time and cooler burning temperature of the soybean-based wax. You may pay more for a soy candle initially, but the longer-lasting burn means you won’t have to buy new candles as often. Soy wax is also biodegradable, making it an investment that benefits the environment.
A soy candle works well for holding onto the scent from essential oils, which are often used to scent candles. Because they burn more slowly, the scent is gradually released; there won’t be an immediate wave of strong scent. This creates a more pleasant atmosphere for most people.
So, now that we know the benefits of having a soy candle at your home, it is important for you to keep a few things in mind when it comes to soy wax, specially when you purchase our candles:
- It will be 100 % natural
- It will burn for longer; therefore it will release its scent slower. There won’t be an immediate strong scent.
- It will have a clean burn.
- Rougher tops and / or frost will be expected specially after its first burn. Soy wax has a tendency for that, but once relit the candle will go back to its nice melt pool.
Hope we were able to provide you with enough information about soy wax and its benefits.
Now all you have to do is go to our shop and choose the scent you like the most.